A few of my blogger friends had asked me if there’s a need to hire a search engine optimization firm to take care of their web site’s SEO.
My answer is “it depends.”
Among the factors that you must consider are:
- Your budget – hiring any professional or a firm to take care of your site’s search engine optimization needs requires money. Do you have the budget for it?
- Your needs – sure, everyone wants to have a high ranking site but how badly do you need it? Do you have a product in a competitive niche? Will your income be highly affected if your site will not do well in search engine optimization?
- Your technical knowledge – do you have some technical knowledge on some SEO practices?
- Interest to learn – are you interested in learning more about SEO? Are you resourceful enough to study SEO on your own that you can do it without shelling something out for an SEO firm?
- Availability of Resources – there are lots of information online on how to rank well at SEO. Studying and implementing Google’s webmasters guide and tools will help your site’s ranking immensely without shelling out a dime.
Basically, you should consider some cost-benefit analysis. Even “small-time” bloggers can benefit from hiring a search engine optimization firm if their site’s page rankings affect their income.