Whether you have a full-size laptop, netbook, tablet PC, ultra-mobile PC, handheld PC, or a rugged type of laptop, laptops are personal computers designed for mobile use.
Among the advantages of laptop computers are the following:
- Portability – This is considered as the main advantage (and the reason for being) of laptops. You just need a laptop bag to place your laptop in and you’re already set to go. With lots of laptop bags available in the market right now, you can choose one to use to bring your mobile PC anywhere you want to go (like when traveling, attending classes, having a meeting). Laptops make it easier to work, access emails, share files or surf the internet while you are on the go.
- Space – Unlike their bulky desktop counterparts, you don’t need a lot of space to use your laptop.
- Power Consumption – Laptops are generally more power-efficient than desktops.
- Productivity – Because of its portable nature, you can bring your laptop and work in places where your desktop PC can’t be used. You can work during long commutes, in coffee shops and other similar places and circumstances.
- Battery – Laptops can work for some period of time without the need to plug them into a power supply outlet because of their batteries. This is beneficial in blackouts and short power interruptions and the reason why it can be used even on the go.
Can you think of other advantages of laptop computers? Care to share them in the comments section?