You probably heard or read a lot about optimizing your blog or websites, your posts, images and other familiar stuff but if you frequently post videos on your website, it is important that you should work on some good video optimization practices as well to expose your brand to more people via the search engines.
Here are some of the tips for optimizing your videos for SEO:
- Use accurate and descriptive file names, tags, titles and descriptions for your videos.
- Provide transcripts of your videos to make it easier for search engines to index and rank it.
- Create a video that is interesting, entertaining or informative, relevant and as short as possible. Viewers will appreciate it if you don’t bore them to tears with long tedious videos.
- Encourage viewers to share and bookmark your videos in various social networking sites. Having a share, tweet, like or similar buttons or links that make sharing easier from your site or video is a plus.
- Upload some of your videos to YouTube and other video-sharing sites then link back to other related videos on your site.
- Offer options to embed your video.
- Incorporate your brand’s logo or website address in the video to generate awareness of your website or product.
These are just seven tips for video optimization. Can you share more?