Are you looking for a software that will help you access a remote computer or MAC and work with it as if you are sitting right in front of it? This kind of software is called a remote desktop software and in this post, I’m going to present to you one of the remote desktop programs that is currently being sold in the market.
Remote Utilities Features
Remote Utilities is a professional remote desktop program that allows remote access, remote administration, firewall bypass and proxy support, remote installation, monitoring and surveillance and communication to PC and MAC.
Free Edition VS Commercial Edition
Remote Utilities comes with a free edition for home use and a commercial edition. The latter has no feature limitations unlike the free one which does not have the following features:
- Ask user permission
- WinNT security or AD authentication
- Multiple user accounts for a single host
- Customization of the agent module such as logo integration, custom colors and welcome message
- Inventory manager, remote registry and screen recorder
- Own server
- NTLM authentication support
- Hide tray icon
- Settings protection for the host computer so that remote users cannot change them
Cost of licenses for the commercial edition depends on whether you want the per operator license (Helpdesk) or per remote computer license (Enterprise). Helpdesk license costs $399 to $549 depending on the number of license bought while the Enterprise license costs $18.95 to $29.95 according to the volume purchased.
You can visit their site to learn more about Remote Utilities, download the free version or try the commercial version for 30 days free.