Twitter is a form of social media and an advertising medium as well. As a blogger, it would help you if you can create a profile for your blog/company/business to interact with others and promote your products or services.
Here are ten tips to make the most out of twitter:
- Make interesting posts (or in Twitter terms, tweets).
- Make it easy for people to follow you by putting a Twitter icon on your web site.
- Follow others who have the same interests as you do.
- Use shortened URLs so that you can maximize the 140 characters allotted for each tweet.
- Retweet tweets that might interest your followers. It’s also a way of communicating with your Twitter friends.
- Use direct messages (DMs) to send private messages to others. Don’t broadcast your personal issues on the tweetspace.
- Pay attention to Trending Topics because those are the topics that people are interested in at the moment.
- Don’t spam people by sending them unsolicited DMs or tweeting the same message over and over. If you would like to tweet about a certain topic, once is enough – unless people ask you about it.
- Don’t follow and unfollow the same people over and over. Think before you hit the button.
- Ask for feedback from friends and followers about your blog/product/business. Their answers will be enlightening.
Which of those tips are you already doing? Care to share in the comments section?